In this episode Pat and I review emissions testing for Ada and Canyon Counties in Idaho. We discuss which vehicles are tested, and the process for electric and hybrid cars. Pat shares what to do if your vehicle fails the emissions test. Pat also lets us know about the new $5 processing fee if you don’t get your emissions test completed on time.
This episode is a summary of the page on the website called Emissions Test Boise ID. It had been a while since that page was posted. We thought with all the new people moving into Ada and Canyon Counties it would be a good idea to present it on the podcast.
Pat said Electric and Hybrid cars are exempt from testing but he pointed out that the post card should still be taken to a test station. They will complete the steps to let the Air Quality Board know your vehicle is exempt.
We discussed what to do if your vehicle fails the emissions test. Pat mentioned the three options to get your vehicle fixed so it will pass the test. The three options are:
- Fix it yourself
- Have your mechanic repair it
- Take your vehicle to a designated “Repair and Retest Station”
Key takeaways from this episode
- You can get a test completed without an appointment in 5 to 10 minutes
- Electric and Hybrid cars don’t require testing but paperwork must be completed
- A new $5 processing fee is assessed if you fail to get the test completed on time
- If your check engine light is on you can still get the test done
- Failed tests are retested after a repair is made
- Failed tests cost $16.50 with an additional $3.50 is due when it passes
- Tune Tech Downtown tests emissions from 8:00 to 5:30 M-F, 8:00 to 3:00 Saturday
Conclusion of the emissions testing episode
Remember, if you need an emission test today, no appointment is necessary at Tune Tech Downtown. Just drop in and your emissions test will be done promptly. The test is usually completed in 5 to 10 minutes.
Our hours for emissions testing are 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday to Friday and 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Saturday.
Call if you have any questions (208) 336-5315 or contact us online.